Friday, January 20, 2017

Battlefield 1 Needs More Guns


Where is the primary weapon variability in Battlefield 1? On the surface Battlefield 1 appears to have a very large selection of primary guns to choose from, but if we look closer that really isn't true. After leveling up to about 60 and playing countless hours I realized there is a lack of primary guns to choose from. The primaries offered generally have 3 separate attachment variations which appear as different weapon options. Subtracting each of the weapons attachment variations from the equation, you are left with about 6 different weapons per class. That means there is only about 24 primary weapons! If we compare this number to the number of pistols and melee weapons combined we see that there are more options in the latter two categories than in primary weapons.


I am not saying the weapons are bad; I am just calling for further addition of new weapons so the game remains fresh. I personally love the game, but have recently been struggling to find a new fun primary to equip. I just completed all weapon codex pages (Even the kolibri challenge lol) and began switching weapons every other game only to realize I've used every primary in the game fairly extensively.

We know that in Star Wars Battlefront D.I.C.E released enormous amounts of content with it's DLC including a vast addition of weapons. This keeps me hopeful for this upcoming DLC release in March. In addition, the crossbow grenade launcher was already added in the Giant's Shadow DLC. So here we already see some indications of new weapons being introduced to the game and I hope D.I.C.E. continues down this path.


Some will argue that there were a limited number of weapons used in WW1 and that is why we are limited in the game. FALSE. There was an enormous variability in weapons in WW1 because many countries were developing new ones to try and outperform their enemy. This also gives D.I.C.E an opportunity to hand pick select weapons that will increase the players Battlefield experience.

What do you guys think? Is the current amount of primaries offered satisfactory and able to keep the game feeling fresh or do you want more? Put your comments below I am very interested to here what your opinion are on this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner