Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Titan Fall 2 Review (Minor Spoilers)

Titan Fall 2 is one of the best games I've played in awhile. As soon as you start the campaign an amazing cinematic trailer introduces you to the pilot and the titan. Its incredible to say the least and you immediately want to become a pilot. See Trailer Here


The campaign itself is very traditional. Like every other game you start off learning the controls which are very similar to Call of Duty which was a concern. There's wall running and hover jumping (sort of not really, more like a huge double jump) so at first it seems this is going to be a bad spin off of those mechanics. Another concern was that I wasn't sure how the mechanics of the titan were going to be. I didn't want to sit in a killing machine the whole game and breeze through the story. After completing the game to my surprise it was beautifully created. The time in and out of the titan are evenly split and even when your in the machine there are still difficult parts. Like the classic games as you progress through the levels each segment has a boss fight. Its you in your titan versus the enemy in theirs. I think there are either 4 or 5 boss fights each getting more difficult and each being a different titan class.  Even though I wanted it to be longer because I loved it so much, the campaign will take about 10 hours to complete so its perfect length.




I was very skeptical about how the multiplayer would work. I figured as soon as a team had a titan the game would be over because a massive killing machine would crush all of the remaining pilots. This is not the case, its surprisingly very balanced. The pilots have ways of taking down titans very easily if used correctly. For example in my secondary slot I use a weapon similar to a grenade launcher that is designed to take down titans. That combined with the ability to switch on higher damage for my weapons (like a kill streak) gives me the ability to empty a clip into a titan and take away half of its health. The titan classes are pretty even as well. They all have their strengths and weakness and I find my self using a different titan every game. Sometimes I do well and sometimes I don't. The balance across the game makes it so skill of the player is valued more than the level which is a great feature. If you get good you'll do well.

The other aspects of multiplayer are phenomenal too. I don't know exactly how many maps there are but I've been playing for weeks now and still haven't gotten to completely know them all. They're very open for the titans but still have buildings and an inside layout for pilots hiding from them. When creating your load out you get to pick basically everything. That includes titan features and weapons as well as the pilots. There's so much you can choose from its ridiculous.


For a final rating I'm going to have to give this game a 9/10. The only minor problem I have is that the campaign story seemed slightly rushed. It was amazing but the story itself was too big for such a short period of time.

2 comments :

  1. You obviously did not play the first Titanfall. The wall running from CoD was taken after TF 1 hit hard. TF2 is improving upon what it did originally, not taking from CoD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not play you are correct but only because it wasn't released for playstation

      Delete

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner